Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Daytrip to the best city in the whole wide world-LONDON

London-my favourite city

London (view from the Waterloobridge)
 
Tate Britain-Hall

We went off to London at 9o'clock in the morning. We were from Ashtead to London in about 30 minutes. What a pleasure! We met Jeanette in Vauxhall and went straight to the Tate Britain. They both know a lot about British art and they presented me two famous artists. 1. William Turner and 2. Henry Moore. Moore is famous for his massive sculptures and William Turner painted big, bright landscapes. I liked the "Beach" paintings from Turner the most! He had a very good sense for drawing the sky with its various shades of light. We drove by boat to "Embankment" and there we went into the Southwark Cathedral. The Cathedral involved many different pieces of art and also different kind of alters. I liked it a lot. The churches are more open for exhibitions here.
We enjoyed the sun outside in a café. We had chosen the best day to travel to London! It was 20 degree and the sun was shining while we went through the city. From the Southwark Cathedral we headed to Covent Garden Market. Some parts of Covent Garden Market are outside and others are inside. Many people were there and inside trades sold handmade arts and crafts.
Inside Covent Garden Market

Outside we watched an artist who made tricks with a big ball. He was very funny!! Inside the market music students played on their violins. They were very professional and it seemed to me that they earned a lot of money. I bought some beautiful cards and a silver braclet which I wear now every day. At the end of this great day we went over the Waterloo bridge to "WildWood" an Italian restaurant in the middle of the street. While we were on the Waterloo bridge I was able to make some photographs. The view was absolutly amazing!
We enjoyed our dinner and sat there for a many hours. Afterwards we went home and it was getting dark as we arrived. I was two times in London but this day was different from the other visits.
All in all it was a beautiful day and it was very nice to be in an insiders company in a huge city like London.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f