Direkt zum Hauptbereich

London with my girls

London- the best city in the world


I arrived in London St. Pancras at 1 o'clock. I looked for the hostel and finally found it and when I arrived the three girls were asleep! They had been so tired after waking up in the middle of the night to catch their flight. So I woke them up and we talked for a time. It was great to chat after some months and I really missed them!
They hadn't done the Sightseeing Tour so we decided that we want to do that together. We booked the tour in the hostel. It was a 48hour tour so we could use the bus for two days and it included one cruise. We looked for the next station and hopped on the bus. The weather was nice and so we drove through London. It took us nearly three hours to get around but we saw a lot. We went for dinner to "Nando's" which is a peruisan restaurant chain I tried in Scotland. Their cuisine is so tasty! We enjoyed our dinner and a cider afterwards and went to bed early because we had big plans for the next day. We set our alarm and woke up early and ate breakfast in the hostel. We set off because we wanted to buy tickets for a musical in the evening. I have heard that one can get special offers when you drive to the theatres and ask there. That was the case! So we bought tickets for the show "Beautiful" with musical by Carol King. Julia my roommate is very interested in music and she knew her songs and said that we will like that. After buying the tickets we went by bus to the London Eye. It took us one hour to get into a cabine (in which 20 people can fit) but it was worth it!
I did it before but I recommended it because one can see the whole city be beeing on it.


 view from London Eye

One cruise station was at the London Eye pier so we took the cruise and travelled to "Embankment" and from there we went to Covent Garden Market. I love this place because it has a special atmosphere and I like to see all the stalls and hand-made inventions. We were hungry afterwards and had Fish and Chips for lunch- typical english.
After that we drove to Oxford Street. When you are in London you need to go there because the street is so busy and crowded and famous for all the shops. I showed them my favorite shop (Forever 21) and after that we drove to the theatre. 
 http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/servlet/file/store5/item260691/version1/fileservice770/260691_770_preview.jpg

The show was ever so good! It was about Carole King a singer-songwriter from America who first produced music and then started her career as a singer as well. All the singers had beautiful voices and acted convincing. My favourite songs were "Natural Woman" and "You've got a friend". 
We walked back to our hostel and stayed at the hostel bar for some hours. It was a perfect day all in all!
Only one thing was a pity: When we slept an alarm went off at about 4 o'clock at night. It was the fire alarm and when everybody ran in the corridor a man came and said that it was only a false alarm.  So we were lucky and went back to sleep.








The next day was a little bit more lary because after breakfast we bought a tube ticket for the whole day and went to Buckingham Palace to see "The Changing of the Guards." The place was full of tourists and afterwards we drove to the Camden Market because I've heard that it's an arty market. It was a pitty that it was raining cats and dogs so we went to "Wagamama" and had lunch in this Chinese restaurant. I can recommend it ! It was really nice.
We drove (again) to Oxford Street and I showed them "Selfridges". It a huge and posh shopping mall which I really like a lot.
From Oxford Street we went to the hostel because Julia and Lea's flight flew at 5 o'clock. Lulu and me met Elena. She's the sister of a friend of us and she is working in London. We had dinner in a restaurant and talked a lot. It was very nice to see her and hear all about her life in London.
I went back by train and it was all in all a perfect trip. I love London.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f