Direkt zum Hauptbereich

A week in North Norfolk

Holiday time!


We are at the moment in Snettisham which is a village in North Norfolk near the east coast. Our cottage is a typical gingerbread house. That kind of building is typical for the area. The houses are brownish red and look sometimes very tiny but nice.
We are staying for one week here and half of the week is over now. The time is going so fast. Near to our village is Sandringham.

That's the place were the royal family stays when they have holiday and want to spend their time together in a nice surrounding. William, Kate and Harry went to our village in the art gallery and in the pub. The pub here in our village is so posh and nice! We had a coffee outside and the garden is so lovely.
When we visited Sandringham we had a guided tour around and saw all the places where the royal family spend their time. The rooms were really impressive and the pictures were just stunning!
I really liked the pieces of art in the house. There was one very good and humerous painting with which the artist showed a coronation. He hightlighted a woman and when we asked a guide who that woman is she said that it's not a famous woman, it's just the artist's mistress. He put her in the middle of the painting and several men looked in her direction. The guide said that the queen has got a very funny humour.
On one of our other days we went to King's Lynn. That's a small village and we first had coffee (as usual) after that we went into a fishermen cottage. That was really interesting because we could see how the families lived in 1900. One family was presented. They lived there with 9 (!) children in a tiny little cottage.
The guide mentioned that 5 childre slept near the top of the bed and 4 at the bottom.
We also went to see an art exhibition which was called "Things I like". The artist talked about his favourie items for example a guitar with pictures of the Beatles or a pair of Biker shoes. Some items were really funny and I liked the way the artist talked about it. He was really passionate about his pieces of art.
Yesterday morning was the best day so far. In the morning we just went into the village into small little shops like for example a book shop or the local charity shop. We bought fresh things for lunch and enjoyed it outside in the sun. Afterwards we drove to Wells-next-the-Sea and went along the beach pier with Patch.

We collected shells and threw stones in the water. He loves to fetch them and carries them back to us. It's so nice to see him being happy in the sea!
After a nice walk we went into the city centre into small arty shops. I bought some presents for my friends at home and J. found a beautiful flowery hat which she presented me. I was very happy with it and wore it the whole day. We had fish and chips in another seaside location because the shops in Wells were too crowded.



Wells-next-the-Sea is a typical seaside beach. It was full of english families and other holiday makers.
I really enjoy the time here and I think I might come back to show my family the nice area around Norfolk!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f