Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Sunny weather makes a good mood






Being back in England I have got more time again to go to different places, read books,meeting friends(often for a meal) and watching Wimbledon! It is really nice to see how everybody is excited about tennis and it can be really interesting and suspenseful.
We saw Nadal vs. Brown and Brown won surprisingly. Another interesting game was Serena Williamson vs. Heather Watson. Heather Watson failed but she played very well! She nearly won. That was a really good game and it showed: anything can happen in Wimbledon!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b9/Wimbledon.svg/1024px-Wimbledon.svg.png

It makes a lot of fun to watch Wimbledon and after a good game everyone talks about it.
I started a new book which is called "The unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry". It's about a man who gets a letter in which an old friend of him tells him that she has got cancer. He wants to help her but he doesn't know how. He writes her back that she should wait. He thinks that as long as he is wandering she will stay alive. The book is written by Rachel Joyce and it became one of several "Sunday Times Bestsellers". I started it yesterday and it seems very interesting!

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1363215823l/17611169.jpgAnother book which I can recommend is the book "The Sea Sisters" by Lucy Clarke. It's about two sisters which don't get along with each other very well. They are so different and after their mother's death they don't spend much time together any more. One sister who is travelling around the world commits suicide. The other one is shocked and can not understand why. So she travels the same route and wants to know why she did it. The book is really thrilling and after I started reading it I couldn't stop. It was so well written and really good for all different age groups.
I'm really looking forward to getting my Kindle. I have the feeling that many people owe one. I think it is really good when you are travelling because when I travelled to Aberdeen I had 3 books in my case and after I finished all of them I needed to carry useless weight with me. So I think I can use it a lot in the next two months and also afterwards.
Next week my boyfriend is coming and I'm really excited about showing him around. I think he will like it here. We will also travel to Oxford. Oxford is recommended in my travel guide and it is famous for it's history and of course it's university.
I'm also looking forward to present him all the things I like in this area.
In August I will travel to Dalgetty (near Edinburgh), to London and to Norfolk.That would be really interesting.
I made a to-do-list for things I want to visit here and Oxford and Edinburgh were defenitly on my list.
I also want to travel to Stratford-upon-Avon and I want to see Chatsworth. It is a National Trust property so I will see if I get to experience it while I'm here.
Stay tuned:)

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f