Direkt zum Hauptbereich

An English Wedding and Edinburgh/Delgaty Bay

Happy wedding day....

the setting (before everybody arrived)

The last week (especially the weekend) was filled with lots of activities. We helped voluntary at a wedding in East Leake. It was Jamies and Lauras wedding and they celebrated it in the rectory garden. We started helping at 12 o'clock and finishes at 8. 
It was a bring and share lunch so every guest brang something. Our task was to set up tables, prepare the drinks, serve the drinks, clear all the tables, do the washing up and so on and so forth. 
It was a looooong day and very stressful but in the end it was very nice and you can be proud of yourself for giving them a good time.
the wedding cake



I am sitting at the moment in Ediburgh. We are staying in a very nice flat very close to the Botanic garden in Edinburgh and I must say it is really nice staying in a private flat in a huge city like this !
We enjoy our time. On Wednesday we went to Dalgety Bay and had a tour on the rescue boat. It was my first time on a fast boat like this and I really enjoyed it.
Me on the rescue boat

Yesterday (Thursday) it was raining so I went with N,H,M,F and a friend of them into the city centre. We wandered around Princess Street and came across street artists and musicians. It was great. At the moment the Fringe Festival is ongoing so the city is crowded. H. lived in Edinburgh and she showed us where she lived. It was near the parliament and Arthur's Seat.
We went into Mary's Kings Close. This is a guided tour underneath the ground of Edinburgh. You can see how people lived in their tiny little "rooms" in the 17th century. The tour was well-made. The guide was very enthusiastic and there were a lot of special effects. I must admit that the entry wasn't cheap but nevermind.
After our guided tour we met J&E at Ask.Italian. It's a famous restaurant brand and they are serving delicious Italian food. So we enjoyed the rest of the day with Pizza, Pasta and Profiteroles.
I can recommend Ask.Italian. The prices are human, the food is just delicious and the service was really friendly and nice. I would like to go again.
Today the weather was good so we had a lazy morning and then we went to Dalgety Bay. This is the place where N,H,M &F are staying and camping. We sat outside with them and had a good conversation. We were four women because Jane visited us. She is an old friend of J. and she is working in Edinburgh. She is originally from England so they are both very happy when they see each other. Patch loves to sit in the sun but when it's too hot he likes to relax. So he spent the whole day lying around and just chilling out. We had a picnic luch at the camping site and enjoyed life.
Today is Friday and we are staying here until Monday or Tuesday. J isn't sure yet so I'll see.
I got my new kindle paperwhite and I must say I am so happy with it. It is so handy, very light and I charged the battery only once and it's still going. I have bought several books (Fractured, Paper Twons, Asking for Alaska etc.) and today I saw a good offer for 20 english books. I love to read on it and you can easily carry it in your bag.
That's it for the moment,
I'll write more as soon as possible.
Dalgety Bay (J and Patch)


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f