Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Going to the pictures




 http://www2.cineworld.co.uk/assets/media/films/8312_poster_iphone.jpg

Let's go to the movies


In the last month we often went to the pictures. I want to show you which films we've seen and which one I would really recommend you.
The first film we watched was “Still Alice” in the Silver Screen in Loughborough. The Silver Screen shows movies for everybody but especially for elderly people which rather like to go to the cinema at 11 o’clock in the morning or two o’clock in the afternoon. They show movies which are a little bit “older” and it only costs 3 Pounds and you get a free tea or coffee. I’ve heard about “Still Alice” when I still was in Germany and a famous German film critique recommended it. It is a movie about which you cannot stop thinking about after you saw it. Julian Moore is (as you all might know) a brilliant actress. In the story of the movie she gets the Alzheimer disease and she, her husband and all her children are really shocked because she works as a linguistic professor at university and lives a busy life. The trouble is that she passes this disease on to her children and she is so shocked because she is only fifty something years old. The chance of inheriting the disease is a 50 per cent chance. The film doesn’t embellish the disease. It shows how hard it is for her but also for her family to cope with the new situation. It is not a funny, light-hearted film it is rather a thoughtful film which chasten you. 

http://img.posterlounge.de/images/wbig/ich-einfach-unverbesserlich-2-armed-minions-320338.jpgThe second movie was different to the first one. It was “Minions2” and this movie is a must see for everybody who watched “Despicable Me”. It’s a funny and light-hearted story about an evil couple. You get to know how it all began with the Minions and how “difficult” it was to find their leader. The story of “Minions2” is based in London and e.g. they present the queen in a funny, witty way. You can watch this movie with your whole family or with a group of friends. The Minions are sweet and so funny they simply make you laugh. But I would also state that you don't need to go to the pictures to see this film you can also wait until it's on TV.


      .....and last but not least....

The third and last movie I saw lately was “The Choir” by François Girard We watched this film in Nottingham in “The Broadway”. I like Nottingham and this cinema a lot because the audience consists mostly of young people. There are a lot of students and the whole cinema is modern and it looks nice. I haven’t heard anything about it and so I was even more impressed by it.Not only the music but also the story is really catching. While watching you start to feel with the young boy whose single mother died by accident. He is ordered to stay at his father’s but he doesn’t want him because he is married for the second time and has got a new family. The young boy is commanded to live and learn in a Boy’s Choir School where he struggles with the conductor (Dustin Hoffman) who wants to push the young boy to discover and improve his unique talent. He has to try hard to meet the Choir Masters standards but in the end he manages well. He sings the most important solo in New York in front of a huge audience. It is a brilliant movie and it flashes you completely. I would really recommend it to everybody who is interested in good music and in movies which stay in mind. It was also one of the best films I saw in the last time. 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f