Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Oxford with Michael

Oxford in two and a half days



After staying nearly one week in East Leake (and going strawberry and gooseberry picking), my boyfriend came to visit me here. On our first day we enjoyed the nice weather and tavelled by bus to Nottingham. It was hot but we enjoyed our time and visited the castle, went to see the Lace Market and the Contemporary Museum of Modern Art. It was a very nice day and we came home at 6 o'clock. Judith had invited Pam and Paul and her son Nik came with his family because they were staying with their sailing friends near us. We had a Pasta dinner and a sweet pudding as a desert and we sat outside and talked a lot. It was a very good day. On the next day we packed our bags because at 11:30 we drove by bar to Oxford. Pam, Paul and Judith left us at the Park and Ride and it took only half an hour to get into the city centre. We went directly to the "Cowerly Road" because our "hotel" was there. We had booked at "airbnb" and it was a really good offer. We had our seperate room and were allowed to use their bathroom and kitchen. I can recommend the website to everybody who is looking for a nice place to stay with nice, new people. After "checking in" we travelled back into the city centre and made a walking tour around all the colleges.

We came across beautiful buildings and my travel guide showed us the way through the city by seeing every nice college and explaining who studied there and why these colleges are famous for. In the evening we went into the "Modern Theatre" and simply asked what shows are on at the moment. They recommended us the Musical "Love me Tender". It was Elvis' music but they presented it in a modern way. We had our dinner in Nando's and headed back to the Theatre.

The show started at 7:30 and we were on time. We sat down and relaxed and enjoyed it without any expectations. We absolutely loved it! It was very good and the cast was so proffessional.  We were really impressed. We went back home and it was all in all a perfect day.
On Saturday we had our punting tour. We had booked it before (but you can also go there and say you want a punt that's also no problem) and it started at 11 o'clock. We had one hour time to drive on the river Thames and it was funny!


Punting is quite hard when you try it for the first time but the people there explained us the way to do it and then it was fun! We alternated so that everybody was one time the punter and one time the paddler. Both jobs were not sooo easy but we managed well and had a nice time on the river. After our punting experience we had lunch and then we went to see "Minions Two". The cinema was not to full and the film was so funny. If you want to see a lightheaded, funny film go and see it.
We also went into the University Chruch to hear the evening song. It was okay and then we had dinner in an Mexican Restaurant. I had spicy sausages which were really nice and Michael had a Mexican Burger. We went to a famous cocktail bar afterwards, which was a recommendation in my travel guide. It was called "Raoul's Bar" and we had special cocktails which were so delicious! One was a spicy Mango and Fig Daiquiri and the other one was a very berry cocktail. I must say it was sooo good! Go and try the bar when you are there.


The next morning was our returning morning so we only went to the city centre to catch the bus to the Park and Ride.
Oxford was a beautiful place to stay, full of history and famous buildings but also the people were very nice and friendly to us. I would travel to Oxford again.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f