Direkt zum Hauptbereich

My last week- busy internship

Tada!

I am back again. Sorry for letting you wait but I (or rather my host-family) was so busy last week that I was always tired after a long working day. But today I have time to write a resumé about my last week. I am glad that I can go to several schools around the area. I was in a secondry school for the first time. Helen managed that I was allowed to meet the language teacher of Mintlaw Academy. He is called Eric. He speaks several languages and teaches German and French. He loves Germany! He lived in Germany for some years and organises a school trip to Germany every year. They always visit "Phantasialand", the city Trier and they go to Luxembourg as well. He was really open and nice and I was allowed to shadow his three language teachers: Laura, Karen and Vincent. I watched them teaching and I helped Karen and Laura. They were both happy to have a native speaker in their class and so I read texts or told them how to pronunce several words. I also talked to the pupils in small groups so that they have a little conversation in German. Vincent teaches French so I could not really help him with his lessons. But yesterday I took my second lesson by myself. He sat in "the audience" and I was allowed to teach basic German to them. It was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. It is nice to be the expert in your language.
Every evening my host-father cooks. He is a good chef and he often cooks Scottish food. I enjoyed my first Haggis with neeps, tatties and an onien sauce and it was really delicious. I was a little bit frightened but it tastes similar to sausages so it was really good.
Haggies, Neeps and Tatties- homemade by N.

The last week was full of rehearsals (as you can see in the picture) and on wednesday evening we went to the big show of "Annie". The children were really good and I was able to see their improvement because I saw how they practice the whole time. Helen was proud of "her children" and everyone was in a good mood! The kids were proud of themselves and the parents liked the show a lot. It was all in all a big success and I like the fact that is a projekt with involves every single pupil!
I made a lot of photos and now they are shown on the big photo-screen in school. 
picture of the rehearsals of "Annie"

On friday evening we went to the staff evening in the pub. I tried Scottish Ale but I must say that I like German beer more! The Ale is not really cold it has more lukewarm and it is not carbonated like our beer. But it was worth a try.
On Saturday we went on a big journey to Helensburgh. We left home at 8:30 and arrived in Helensburgh at 4o'clock in the afternoon. We went from here to Aberdeen, from Aberdeen by bus to Glasgow and from Glasgow by train to Helensburgh. We picked up the children who finished their first racing day and went to family Wood. They are H. and N's friends and they have nice children,too! They were very generous and cooked for us and everybody could sleep in his or her own room. It was really relaxing. On Sunday we went to a National Trust property! A. suggested it because she is also a member of the National Trust. The house was called "the Hill House". The house was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. It includes beautiful furniture and special pieces of art by Charles Rennie and his wife Margaret MacDonald Mackintosh. It was so beautiful but we were not allowed to take any pictures. He is very famous in Scotland, for example he designed the art school in Glasgow which burnt down. At the moment there is a big campain to rebuild the building and save the pupil's artwork.
After a long day in Helensburgh we went home by car on Sunday evening and went to bed late.
 seaside of Helensburgh

This week is a normal school week. But this weekend we are staying at home. H's parents are coming and we will make a barbecue. Hopefully the weather will be fine.
Tomorrow H's staff will make a leaving do in the afternoon for N. N. worked at H.'s school for 7 years and the whole staff is sad that he left the school to become a headteacher farer away. Therefore they organised an afternoon to say "thank you".
I think I have more time this week to write again:)
"See you soon!"

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Manchester, Liverpool and Lyme Park

Dear all, The new year has just started and I must admit I really needed the time off. It felt so good to be back home and I really enjoyed being far away from school and my job. Although I love working with the kids it is sometimes really hard to be so far away from your boyfriend, your family, your friends and your whole life at home. But nevermind. I will tell you about my last trip. So, just before the christmas holidays started I did another trip with my French friend M. Straight afterwards, I did not have time to wrote a travel summary so here it finally is: On our last weekend we took an early train from Lincolnshire to Manchester and stayed the whole weekend in a hostel which was called "Hatters". I must say I cannot really recommend it although it was a recommendation in my travel guide. Although its location was really central, the hostel was very old and run down. But nevertheless, the enjoyed our trip. On Friday we arrived at noon and had lunch in a nice pu

YORK

A cold but great day in Northern England I once read in my UK travel guide that if you only have the chance to explore one city in the North of England, you should definitely spend one day in York. The city is not only surrounded by a wall but also by two rivers. These are the river Ouse and the river Foss which confluence in York. Because the city has been existing throughout two millenia it has so much to offer. Only one example is York Minister which is the cathedral of the city. York Minister is one of the largest cathedrals in Northern Europe and the Archbishop of York has his seat there. By the way, the title "minister" derives from churches which were established in the Anglo-Saxon period as missionary teaching churches.  We did not go inside (you have to pay a lot to get inside) but we took a look at the cathedral from outside and it really looked stunning. Somehow it reminded me of the Cathedral of Cologne, although it is at the same time very

Manchester

Hi everyone! My last week at work was really really busy. It was kind of unsatisfying because I had so much work and did not get any reward for it and therefore I was really looking forward to spending the weekend away with my sister who knows me very well! So I was very happy to meet her on Friday and I really enjoyed the weekend with my sister. We met in Manchester Picadilly which is like the main train station in Manchester and we spent the whole weekend in this beautiful city.  I was really suprised because some people had told me before that Manchester would be rather rough and not too nice. Others, especially young people said that Manchester is really cool and that I should really experience the Nightlife .  So me and my sister, we  were open to experience the city without any prejudices and in the end the city proved the opposite.  We really had a great time in Manchester!! We did not only visited the Christmas market (where we drank one mulled wine f